My Parents wedding (Grandpa Christensen on right end)
- Grandpa and his siblings started up a business when he graduated from high school.
- With good business sense it survived the Great Depression.
- He married an amazing return missionary.
- He was an amazing master gardener. We loved Grandpa's produce from his garden. He also won in some local flower growing shows.
- He was an investment guru and made well for himself and his family in the stock market.
He had a deep and abiding love for my grandmother and that is why this is a sweet moment for me and my family. He returns home to a loving wife, son, parents, and thousands of people who he helped fulfill their temple ordinances.
I wanted to share a part of a love letter to my grandpa from my grandma:
Both happiness and sadness bring that overwhelming appreciation and affection for our companion. Most of life is made up of neither disaster nor unusual celebrating, but of routine, calm, everyday events in which we participate and more or less take each other for granted. And during these times I enjoy the quiet serene love that actually surpasses the big events that draw so deeply on emotions. Our love is not as effervescent nor on display, but it runs deep and solid. I know you are there, loving me, caring for me in your quiet way...and regardless of inattention due to outside attraction we both know we are loved and are close to each other...Let us go on together hand in hand as we walk this earthly life, on into eternity, for I want always to be your eternal sweetheart: Your darling. Josephine
With a heavy heart and tears in my eyes, farewell Grandpa. I will miss you for this time on earth and look forward to a happy reunion on into eternity. I love you.
Love your granddaughter,