April 30, 2008
April 28, 2008
I just love these whimsy composition books from Paper Source. I'd love them not only for my girls but for me also. In their own words:
A great place to capture notes and doodles. These perfectly packable blank notebooks will inspire any traveler's imagination... Especially good to have for those long family road trips.
You can find them here.
April 27, 2008
Shay who said, "You are too cute! I love this idea! I have always wanting a picnic basket and this would be perfect for my family. Of course you should pick me!" Please email me your address through the email on my profile so I can send it your way.
To everyone, this was sooo fun for me. Thank you for those who participated. I hope all of you will do some happy picnicking this year.
April 25, 2008
April 23, 2008
April 22, 2008
Since beginning this blog, it has been a treat to find lost friends, keep up with others, and make some new. I've enjoyed the sense of community that comes from having your own blog. It has been great to network with some amazingly talented people. So, here is my thank you to all of you for reading my posts and making this so fun for me. To one lucky winner you will receive:
- A 21 piece picnic basket from Bed Bath and Beyond with fold out table (an extra basket from my wedding I forgot to take back)
- A handy table clothe that will fit most of your picnicking tables that can also serve as a lounging blanket (Nordstrom leftover fabric hemmed by yours truly)
- Homemade loganberry jam from last years batch (so yummy, we just had some on ice cream last night)
So there you have it, thanks for everything have a picnic on me. I don't know how many of these I will do so take advantage now. Anyone can enter.
Giveaway guidelines are:
-You will have until midnight PST on Friday 25th to enter this giveaway.
-Just leave a comment on this post to enter (one entry per person please).
-The winner will be randomly picked and announced Monday the 28th in the morning.
April 20, 2008
April 16, 2008
Graduation is coming for many in May and I wanted to give a happy shout out to those in my family who are graduating. The above picture I love not only because it is of my husband but because I think it culminates the feeling of completion after all the hard work. My family is so excited for these great men for working so hard to get their diploma. Clark will graduate in one year and become a DO and move onto his medical specialty after that so I thought I'd include him in the bunch. Sorry guys Sarah will be getting her very own post when I get a decent picture.
April 12, 2008
We have been having fun with Spencer's side of the family in town this weekend. Today we finished planting in our backyard and then headed out to Red Rock Canyon to go on a hike. The weather was beautiful and it was nice to be outdoors. Then some of the family went swimming. Thanks Aunt Wendy for the pictures.
Here is Nora with her Aunt Wendy who is currently unattached. Two bathing beauties.
April 11, 2008
April 7, 2008
Before the day gets by me and festivities begin I need to shine the light on Spencer. He is turning a whopping 33 today! Some fun facts you may not know about him are:
- He doesnt' always wear a suit. Although some dispute this.
- He made me this amazing Valentine one year.
- If I need any catchy phrase,title or poem made up for invites or whatever I just tell him what I want it to be about and in minutes he's got it done.
- While pregnant this last time he did almost all the dishes for me.
- He has been a great sport every Halloween to let me dress him up, (as you can see below). He'll even get into character to make it more fun.
Happy Birthday Spencer! I love you.
April 2, 2008
Well, we will be off soon to go up to my mission reunion in Utah. Looking over my mission pictures has brought back some beautiful memories. I loved serving the people in Connecticut and have very fond memories of many people there and missionaries I served with. Giving up 18 months of my life was nothing compared to what I gained. I'm a better wife, mother, and friend because of it. The gospel of Jesus Christ is amazing when applied to ones life. For those who are able, enjoy this Conference weekend. Be back next week.