July 3, 2008

I am Proud



One of my favorite holidays is the fourth of July. It is not one of my favorite holidays because of the yummy food, fireworks or hanging out with family and friends, although, sweet benefits. It is because of the pride and love I feel inside for the reason our country was founded, on freedom.



On many occasion, my eyes have teared up when a patriotic song comes on over the radio or when music plays to the booms of fireworks. I feel so blessed to have been born a citizen of this country. That is why I am sharing the rendition of the signing of the constitution by Howard Chandler Christy and the Declaration of Independence below. To possibly rekindle if needed that feeling of patriotism I feel our nation is losing.




"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."


The last line of the Declaration of Independence





For those who would like to rekindle the patriot inside or would just like to learn more about our country for you or your children's sake, visit here.





Have a safe and happy fourth of July everyone.


{pics via charters of freedom and flickr}


1 comment:

The Gunnerson Family said...

Where have I been? I have missed so mant of your recent posts. The picture of the girls is darling, as is the story of sisterly love. I am happy that you have found a swimming suit you like, that is a monumental task. Ditto about our blessed country. I love to see what's up with you guys.