September 11, 2008

Thank You






















At times, it is hard for me to keep in mind that my baby is growing up. Her short, little body might be the reason for that. Aubrey is 14 months as of today. A few days ago, she started taking more than one step and although I probably wouldn't say she is "walking". She is definitely on her way. I am sure in a week or so I will be able to report that she is walking.

Because of how young she looks and feels, I found the following very cool --

Last evening and during the whole day for that matter, Aubrey, was cranky. When Aubrey is this way Nora and I like to say that Aubrey has her cranky pants on. So, Aubrey had the pants hiked up pretty high last night when I was preparing her bottle as I held her in one of my arms. She constantly was whining her baby talk frustrations until I finished the bottle. I headed over to find a pillow to lay her on. As I gave her the bottle and before she started drinking it she looked at me and in a very sincere and relieved voice said, "thank you."

This mind you is the fourth time she has said this to me. The first time she said thank you I brushed it off as a fluke thing. When she did again I thought, is she for real? This now is the fourth and how my baby learned how to say thank you and understand when to say it is beyond me. This must be something she was born with.

As a mother, all I have and want to say is . . . thank you.

10 comments:

Sleepless In St. George said...

so not only is she a cranky pants, but a smartie pants too! What a cutie and so smart!

The Moss Family said...

WOW! She is growing up!!!

Vicki said...

What a doll she is!

Liz said...

how sweet is that!? it's moments like that, that make life as a mother so rewarding.

Shay said...

Amen! Daxton, who is 19 months, says thank you after I've done the littlest thing and everytime it melts my heart. He is a good example for his older brother, who I always have to remind him to say Thank you. Those two words are so simple, but mean so much to me also. And Thank you for being a great example to me, a great friend, and an even better cousin. THANK YOU!

campblondie said...

That is soooo cute! What a smart girl! (We also use the cranky pants term at our house. It usually always gets a laugh from someone. Unfortunatly I have been the one in the pants lately.)

Sister Ballard said...

That just melts my heart. I love to hear children say "Thank you." She has definitely been taught well.

Stephanie said...

I think it probably has to do with an amazing mom who models the behavior as well.

Jadi said...

Wow! That is so cute!!! Isn't being a mom the best job in the world? :)

The Gunnerson Family said...

Isn't it funny how you children can be "challenging" one minute and melt you heart the next? What a cute little story.