May 3, 2008

Horsing Around
















On Saturday I tried something different that I haven't done since a was a kid...horse back riding. My friend Connie from church owns two horses and was in need of a second rider. I was so there. It's different from the me time that I usually opt for (pedicure, massage, facial). Yet it was rewarding in it's own way. Not in the sense of relaxing my body (my muscles and groin are not thanking me that I went), but in the sense of getting out and doing something new, being outdoors and letting my mind focus on something different than the norm. It was slightly challenging because I haven't done it in so long and Leo, the horse I was on, was sensitive to my touch in guiding him so for the first little bit I was zig zagging around. But it was fun. So this week try doing something different from the norm it can be so refreshing and rewarding to the mind and soul. Thanks Connie for the great time.






This is Connie and I. If you look close you can see the sweet kid glasses I got to wear because I forgot to bring mine.

11 comments:

Mindy said...

Oh my gosh, I had no idea Connie owns horses! I grew up riding, and even rode competitively in college. Man... I miss it sooo much! I'm glad you had so much fun, and I love the glasses :)

Marleen said...

Mindy, you and Connie need to connect. She would love to have you out with her riding sometime I'm sure.

The Gunnerson Family said...

How fun. I grew up riding horses all the time, but haven't done it for quite some time. I was just telling Rick that horses were pretty high on my list of things that I want to buy. Of course a house is #1 right now so the horses will have to wait!

James and Bethany said...

That is so cool! I am jealous. I have only been horse back riding twice and I absolutely loved it. Good for you to get out and do something fun.

Rob and Mercedi said...

That looks like so much fun! Hey, maybe if I ride it will put into labor...I need to call Connie ASAP!:) You look really cute in that hat!

Unknown said...

Good for you! You look so classy while riding! I have this long list of life goals I hope to accomplish in my lifetime, and one is to get back on a horse and ride(had a VERY bad experience on one)!
-Erika G.

The White Clan said...

My mom and dad have three horses an dit is so much fun, in a different kind of way. The kids love them and Chris just adores them. If you ever wanted to bring the kids up to ride them they would absolutly love it.

Elizabeth said...

I love riding horses, glad you had a good time. The b&w pic is way cute! Thanks for all the comments on my blog!

Shay said...

How much fun! I would love to ride horses, but my darn allergies get the best of me. I'll will definatly try doing something out of the norm this week.

Mandy said...

jealous! i havent rode a horse in forever but loved it when i was younger. :)

Darleen said...

That sounds so much fun! You didn't tell me about this. What a great way to spend the weekend.