February 18, 2008

Park Perfect

Nora loves going to the park for many reasons, the slides, wiggley bridges, open running spaces, a place to meet new friends and if Grandma takes her then it can't get any better. Today she had that blissful time away from parents with Grandma. There is though one of those favorite 'reasons' of Nora's that brings great concern to my husband and I. From all the excitement of the park Nora tends to like to find a secluded spot in the maze of bright colored jungle gym and do her duty. This always leads to frustration on our part and a park visit cut short which doesn't make Nora happy. We ventured today and let her go to the park in underwear attempting to help her on the pathway of potty training. There were no accidents. Success. Now we just need her to not hold it in while she's on the potty! Arghhh. I'm hoping this is short lived.

6 comments:

Jadi said...

Cute pictures of Nora! I completely understand the frustrations of potty training. Good luck!

Darleen said...

It sounds like you need to take her to the park more often. Perhaps she'll end up going on the tiolet there. It will come! She'll get the idea of it...eventually.

Liz said...

That is so funny! Of course, while you're in the process of potty training, it's not quite so funny. Whenever I potty trained my kids, I made them run around naked for two days! (we stayed home on those days, obviously)...anyway, both times, it worked like a charm! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hi Marleen! We started a blog just last week, so check it out sometime! Your girls are growing up so fast! We are expecting our second one in July... might be a girl, but not 100% sure yet. Jordan says Hi to Spencer! -janel

Danalin said...

Potty training has been on my mind a lot lately...I do not envy you and I wish you the best of luck! She is so, so cute, Marleen.

Jas & Cam Fam said...

Yeah! That is always a big first step! Can I just say taht I truly feel for anyone going through potty training. I look at all mothers who have gone thru this in a whole new light. Good luck!
Your new little neice is beautiful!